Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Grammar Challenged


Parenting is a big responsibility. On Twitter, @SuzyGlaskie wonders:
Glaring missing apostrophe on this cute Zara top for my daughter. Do I let her wear it or return it in disgust? 
I say Suzy should return the shirt or get a Sharpie and fix it with some skillful editing. She wouldn't want her little chick to grow up like Paris Hilton.

Where does Zara go wrong? It omits the apostrophe in a contraction. 

Quick rules:
  • In a contraction, an apostrophe replaces one or more missing letters. You + are = You're. Can + not = Can't. And so on.

Correction:
  • I'm ready

7 comments:

  1. The child wearing this has a cell phone and ready to receive IMs (Instant Messages). Looks fine to me. (Okay, I'm kidding, sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the ' for I'm? It's a cute t-shirt though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge.The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time. I've a blog grammar checker software for all.

    ReplyDelete