Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Grammar Challenged


Parenting is a big responsibility. On Twitter, @SuzyGlaskie wonders:
Glaring missing apostrophe on this cute Zara top for my daughter. Do I let her wear it or return it in disgust? 
I say Suzy should return the shirt or get a Sharpie and fix it with some skillful editing. She wouldn't want her little chick to grow up like Paris Hilton.

Where does Zara go wrong? It omits the apostrophe in a contraction. 

Quick rules:
  • In a contraction, an apostrophe replaces one or more missing letters. You + are = You're. Can + not = Can't. And so on.

Correction:
  • I'm ready

9 comments:

  1. The child wearing this has a cell phone and ready to receive IMs (Instant Messages). Looks fine to me. (Okay, I'm kidding, sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the ' for I'm? It's a cute t-shirt though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge.The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time. I've a blog grammar checker software for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are web development company in Toronto more. ... provides top quality web development services in Toronto and Canada. ... ios development company in Toronto, Mobile App Development Services in Canada. Thanks you for very nice its sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made my day! I am very happy and relaxed too that I find this blog. I was looking for the matter discussed in blog post. If you have some more blogs on the material please share those as well. Thanks a lot and keep sharing such useful information. Go to site piknu to find top idols on instagram.

    ReplyDelete