Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Glass of Water, Please. Hold the Apostrophes.


I love when my Twitter friends patrol for punctuation goofs. Just this morning @camillasia called my attention to this photo:
@snarkygrammar Found this #apostrophecatastrophe while out to dinner

Where does this label go wrong? It uses an apostrophe to form a plural word.

Quick rules:
  • To turn a singular word into a plural word, just add 's' or 'es' with no apostrophe. I like peppers. Halloween is a great holiday for witches.

Correction:  
  • Various Chilis

3 comments:

  1. Excellent post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed! This is very informative blog about student's guide to learn grammar and good information for writing services.
    Speak and Translate Voice For PC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I'm looking for this so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete